Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Geeky Revelations and Valleyfair


So much has happened in the last week! My goodness….

First, the Sherlock series 3 teaser trailer. THE SHERLOCK SERIES 3 TEASER TRAILER. *Takes a deep breath*. I never thought a video under thirty seconds would make me freak out so much…

It just seems so real now. Series 3 is actually coming! That moment when we saw Sherlock’s face for the first time since Reichenbach, I swear my heart stopped for a while. John has a creepy looking mustache, but that’s not the point…

Then, only a few days later, we get to see who our 12th Doctor is going to be! Now, I would first like to say that I’m not one of those people who thinks every Doctor has to be “hot”. But it will be strange transitioning from such a young, and yes, very attractive Doctor to an older one. I don’t want Matt to go, because I really love him. But when David left I didn’t want Matt, and I’m sure it’ll be the same way with Peter. I shall accept him begrudgingly for a few episodes, then eventually love him.

Hey, what can I say, I don’t like change. And yes, I realize that is the central theme of Doctor Who…

Now, on a less geeky note (although there were several references to cool bow ties), I had the most epic day yesterday at Valleyfair with my lovely friends Abby, Adam, Ciara and Elisabeth! We had so much fun! So much in fact that I’ll let a few pictures do the talking.

Left to right: Elisabeth, Abby, me, and Ciara. Here we are right after braving the Steele Venom, which you can see in the background.
 
These girls are just so amazing :)
 Okay, so this next pic has a pretty interesting story. There is this one ride, the Xtreme Swing, that I really freaked out on last year. I swore I would never go on the thing again. Now, on a seemingly unrelated subject, Ciara and I thought it would be fun to go up and do karaoke that they had set up, and we were trying to get my friend Adam to come sing with us. He refused, and we all walked over to the Xtreme swing so I could take pictures of everyone else riding it. Then Adam made an offer I just couldn't refuse. He said that if I went on the Xtreme Swing, he would come up and sing with us...

Not kidding. It was hilarious until I sat down on the seat and started asking myself why in Gallifrey I was sitting on this ride I almost died on last year. But I made it! And it was totally worth it :) Ciara, Adam and I all sang "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson and had a lovely time embarrassing ourselves together.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Group picture!

 
One last pic before we left...
 So anyway, that's what I've been up to...geeking out and freaking out on scary rides :) Fun, right?
Until next time,
~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment