Saturday, June 29, 2013

I'm Going on an Adventure!




Although I’m sadly not going anywhere with Bilbo, I am going on a month long adventure beginning July 1st. It is unlike anything I’ve ever attempted before, and I am anticipating that it will test my patience and shake my emotional endurance to the core.

What is this adventure? National Novel Writing Month Camp!

National Novel Writing Month (www.nanowrimo.org) is technically in November, but they do “camps” during the summer, and it’s essentially doing the same thing, only in July. What exactly will I be doing? Attempting to write a 50,000 word novel in one month! …Yerp.

Since I finished the first draft of my novel Hunted this last week (!!!!!!!!), I am starting a new project, a Star Wars fanfiction starring the epic Ben Skywalker. If you don’t know who he is, seriously go read the expanded universe books, they’re amazing. If you don’t have time right now, I’ll tell you that Ben is the son of Luke Skywalker and his wife Mara Jade. I might *cough* have a little bit of a fictional character crush on him…which is why I am writing a full length fanfiction about him ;)

 
Ben Skywalker on the front of Backlash, from the Fate of the Jedi series.

I will try to give ya’ll short weekly updates during July. You might find it entertaining to observe my emotional swings and how I cope when my plot isn’t cooperating :P I have a couple of amazing friends accompanying me in this quest, so wish us all luck!

Until the end of week one…
~Mrs. Ben Skywalker, um Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment