Monday, July 8, 2013

NaNoWriMo Week 1 Update!


“There’s something delicious about writing the first few words of a story. You can never quite tell where they will take you.”
Beatrix Potter

Well, I’m still alive. That's good sign, right? Anyway, it was a great week one! I’ve been having lots of fun crafting the beginnings of my fanfiction. And as far as word count goes, I’m finishing today with over 16,000! But they tell me that the first week is always the easiest, so I'm anticipating the level of emotional turmoil to elevate in the next few days...

The above quote has been very true for me this week; on Monday, I tasted the deliciousness of writing those first few words. As the days progressed, my story took me to places I’d never imagined! It’s been quite an exhilarating experience.

On Friday, I had quite the writing marathon with my friend Hannah. We wrote while listening to the soundtracks from the whole prequel trilogy of Star Wars. She’s doing a Star Wars fanfiction too, so the music theme was quite appropriate. I got almost 4,000 words that day alone! 

I hope y'all had a great Independence Day! I have a great story to tell about the 4th of July, but unfortunately haven't the time right now. But if you're a fan of the BBC Sherlock TV show, stay tuned!

 Until next week,
~Kelly, ready to take on the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment